What are Pixinsight scripts?
- Resources–> Updates–>Manage Repositories
- Then click “Add”
- Type or paste the URL of the script repository and click “OK”
- Resources–>Updates–>Check for Updates
- After the updates have been downloaded, restart PixInsight and the new scripts will be installed upon startup.
In some cases a repository is not available. In this case:
- Save the script file in c:\program files\pixinsight\bin
- Go to Script–>Feature Scripts and click “Add”. Navigate to the above directory, click “select folder”
- PI should find your new script file & install it.
Scripts by Hartmut Bornemann
- GAME enables creating 1 or more elliptical or n-node polygonal shaped masks. You sketch out the shapes of the regions that you want masked & then indicate the type of masks you want it to produce. Gradient edge masks are particularly handy.
- PSFImage is a great tool for createing Point Spread Function images which you can use with the Deconvolution process.
- AutoColor will automatically perform a background neutralization & color calibration with no user input required, it works very well and couldn’t be simplier.
- etc….. lots of great tools to experiment with.
This is a new script that implements Adam Block’s star de-emphasis method for reducing the size of smaller stars without impacting larger stars that appear to be more in the forefront of the field.
EZ Processing Suite
- Noise Reduction
- Star Reduction